Abit About me.

Chapter 1: This is my story. 


My name is Dan, a 38 yr old ophthalmic techniciaaaaaaaannn, sorry itch on my foot, technician and have been happily at that career for the past 12-13 yrs. I am happily married, sometimes… not the sometimes married, sometimes happily… you know what i mean… since 2013 to my hard working, strong, resilient, smart, role model, bad ass, also beautiful wife. That gave the world 2 beautiful children. My daughter 6 and son 3, who are my heart outside my body.

I was diagnosed with ADHD later in life. My mid to late 30’s and take adderall daily to help me focus.  Why so late in life? I had a great childhood growing up. My dad was a Police Officer and my Mother was a Special Ed teacher.  Also my wife said you need ducking adderall and work on your basic functioning skills or I will kill you. Also you snore get a sleep study or I will kill you. I’m kidding. Not about the snoring though, she straight said it.

My house was a loving and kind house. But loud, happy and sometimes *cough always cough* wild. I have 2 older siblings and one younger sibling living and one younger sibling deceased (toddler). My two older siblings were both adopted from two different families. They were here before me so i never thought they were anything other then them being my real brother and sister. 

Yeah, and then I found out that they weren’t infact my blood in a very “Curb Your Enthusiasm” way.  

My mom told me one day that my oldest siblings were special and Rightfully so. But instead of expounding on that, and not leaving any openingings. But again, ADHD! I have like 30 strong right now locked and loaded for any situation i am in. But she slipped up and I had just enough time for me to ask one question “Am I special?” What do you think she said? 

Nope. I was devastated, atleast what I think I felt. So after a bit of nagging, My mom says months but it was prolly like 3 days. Most likely the most annoying 3 days, I prolly just assaulted her with questions, tantrums, anger, and childhood hatred. Damn I may have even ran away. (By run away i mean Up the hill near the dead end sign for like 48 minutes…which felt like ages.) All that was worth it, she decided to tell me i was special like them.

Zack Morris time out. 

She could have told me I was special but because I had 2 adopted siblings. Nope. Said I was adopted. Yes you saw that correctly, yes she said I was adopted as well.

So naturally I kept it to myself. And told everybody at daycare I was adopted. Ahhh the good old days, easier times.

Like I said “Curb Your Enthusiasm.”


I was C+/B-Student, who sucked at Math. If a basic math question decided my fate? It’s not even 50/70 chance that I will be remotely close to the right answer. But I can tell you how big/far/tall/long something is.

I got a DMTAO(Doing multiple things at once) a few years ago so I am not allowed to multitask alone. And need to be super structured to maintain focus and to work on my task to task style of functioning.

But I’m also pretty creative, I have a BFA from St. Thomas Aquinas College and always was able see things in a different perspective, some times not the correct or best perspective. But love me, i will shout it at you without thinking it through. Then try to rationalize its greatness to whoever I’m talking to. 

I was pretty good in sports. I was a walk-on to a Division 2 baseball team. I didn’t play much, but still a pretty cool blip on the life resume. 

I had a brother that passed away from menegitis. So a lot of emotions where in my house. But most of all still filled with love and laughter, but with a side of sadness and dash of anger and a large diet question with a little bit of ice. And other things that happened that doesn’t need to be included, shaped me to be the man I am today. Wah Wah wahhhhhhhhh. 

Oh yeah my dad worked nights.

So you can see how me getting by with hard work and a lot of pissed of nights (Mom and Me). But still graduating college, having a family and no drug addiction or police record is astounding. And that’s goes for all of us. And that is impressive.  

What does my daily routine look like? I want you to think of Leonardo DiCaprio’s routine and make it the opposite. LeSighdo Dicrapio. Awkward hand under chin pose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question mark

My Role to become a role model.

WTF